The global CMOS image sensor market was valued at USD 7.21 billion in 2013 and is likely to be worth USD 10.17 billion by 2020. Increasing demand for handheld equipment such as tablets and smartphones has initiated the development of smart sensing approaches with remote diagnostic and monitoring capability.
Global CMOS sensors market was 1,601.8 million units in 2013 and is anticipated to reach 2,643.4 million units, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% by from 2014 to 2020. The industry has observed tremendous growth over the past few years owing to the growth of its application industries, particularly medical and automotive. In addition, technological innovations leading to the evolution of refined sensing technology are expected to drive growth.
View summary of this report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cmos-image-sensors-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Dexterity to manufacture smaller pixel devices and provide high resolution with cost effective approach is expected to be one of the primary factors driving growth. Rising demand for computation and communication equipment has led to a growing need to develop upgraded processes for better optical administration. The requirement for on-chip integration and focal plane processing are still on improvement phase.
- Consumer electronics was the largest application accounting for over 50% of the total market revenue in 2013. These sensors are widely used in numerous consumer electronic devices including entertainment devices, home appliances, communication products, and information technology. The CMOS image sensor market for consumer electronics is likely to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- With an increasing focus on research & development, sensing equipments have become smaller, cheaper, and more power-efficient, which serves as a gratifying opportunity for industry players. This is particularly beneficial to the healthcare industry as these products help in improving diagnostics and provide appropriate treatments that rely on this technology. Medical applications are anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Multimedia-enabled equipment provides more benefits with more data safety over the internet. The application of sensing devices for indoor navigation, health monitoring, and related niche segments is anticipated to offer prominent growth opportunity for prosperity of this market. These gadgets are predominantly used in the U.S., however, the market is anticipated to witness significant gains in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil.
- North America CMOS sensor market exceeded 30% of the total revenue share in 2013. Focus on technological advancement coupled with high adoption rate of new technologies and gadgets have resulted in established of a large market in the region. However, the market has reached its maturity phase and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant gains over the forecast period at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2014 to 2020. The market was valued at USD 2.37 billion in 2012. Availability of large number of semiconductor manufacturers in Asia Pacific, especially in Japan, China and Korea, is projected to bolster market growth in this region. Presence of cheap labor and establishment of production facilities by foreign organizations are anticipated to favorably affect industry growth in this region. Growing demand for latest gadgets owing to increase in disposable income of consumers is anticipated boost market growth to reach an estimated value of USD 3.95 billion by 2020.
- Key players include OmniVision Technologies, Sony Corporation, Canon Inc., and Samsung Electronics. Sony Corporation and Samsung Electronics are projected to dominate the CMOS image sensor market in the near future. Companies are constantly engaging in research & development to introduce innovative products in the market.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. has announced its new 8-megapixel R-W-B sensing device based on ISOCELL and NFC integrated circuit technology with advanced frequency performance.In March 2015, OmniVision Technologies Inc. launched the OV8865, a CMOS image sensor positioned on OmniBSI-2 pixel planning. It is utilized in high speed photography with low power consumption application. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. introduced a 280-megapixel APC-C image sensor, which employs advanced 65-nanometer and illuminated pixel technology to implement energy-efficiency and better picture aspect.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/sensors-and-controls
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
For more information visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/