The global xylitol market is expected to reach USD 1.37 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased prevalence of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity accelerated demand for low calorie sweeteners. Several health benefits associated with xylitol such as tooth decay defying properties and low glycemic index have encouraged its usage in numerous applications.
Rising health concern has changed the buying behavior of consumers significantly. Consumers in developed and developing countries have exhibited growing preference for low calorie food and confectionery items. Changing customer need is anticipated to drive the xylitol market over the forecast period.
Rising demand for sugar-free chewing gum and confectionery was the key driver of the global xylitol market. Increasing presence of chewing gum, confectionary, and oral care product manufacturers in Asia Pacific region is estimated to bolster demand over the next few years.
Asia Pacific dominated the xylitol market, accounting for around 41% share of the global market revenue in 2015. Rising population, rapid urbanization, and changed lifestyle in developing countries of Asia Pacific has set new trends in the Asia Pacific market. Increased disposable income and risen consumer awareness in countries such as China, Japan, India, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore have spurred the demand for healthy products.
View summary of this report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/xylitol-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global xylitol market was valued at USD 737.2 million in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2016 to 2025
- In terms of application, chewing gum segment dominated the global xylitol market, accounting for over 67% of global volume in 2015
- Demand for xylitol in chewing gum is expected to grow over the next nine years on account of various health benefits associated with xylitol
- Chewing gum application segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025 due to rising health awareness among consumers
- Unique properties of xylitol to protect from cavities, tooth decay, and demineralization of enamel is expected to fuel its usage in oral care
- Bakery & other foods are predicted to exhibit promising trend in North America and Europe xylitol market, owing to growing consumer demand for low calorie bakery items
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period, due to rising health consciousness and weight management program among consumers in developing countries
- Dupont Danisco, DFI Corporation, Shandong Futaste Co., Ltd., Xylitol Canada, Inc., Zuchem Inc., and Roquette Freres are some of the key players operating in the xylitol market
- The major xylitol manufactures are focusing to reduce their production cost and environmental footprint through introduction of innovative technologies for xylitol extraction
Read our blog on Xylitol market – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/food-and-beverages
Grand View Research has segmented the global xylitol market on the basis of product, and region:
Xylitol Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Chewing gum
- Bakery & other foods
- Oral care
Xylitol Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
For press release of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-xylitol-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
For more information visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/